Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Christmas

It's two days before Christmas and I'm feeling like I ought to defend Christ against those who want to take Him out of Christmas, however, when I reflect, even the slightest bit about it, the idea Christ needs my defense, is absurd. He is, after all, part of the Godhead, the three in one, Father, Son and Holy Ghost and, like he told Herod, He can call down legions of angles. He does not need defending.

I, on the other hand, do desperately need someone to stand in my defense against my own ignorance let alone the slings and arrows, the powers and principalities, blind stupid chance or my willful stubborn beating my head against walls.

I don't know about you, but my intellect is finite and there are a great many things I just cannot figure out. I can fool myself into believing I make informed decisions about what I'm going to do tomorrow, what financial decisions I'm going to make, how I'm going to plan for the future, but even the least imaginative of us can come up with a number of scenarios, especially after 9/11 and Katrina, that would take any plans that I might make and dump them in the crapper.

And I know the whole born again thing strikes most as utter foolishness, it did me, but here I am, passing along the word that there is a new way to live, there is a new king and His kingdom is coming, is being made manifest one person at a time.

So, in a sense, Merry Christmas is the most subversive thing you can say in the English language. The powers that be, know it or not, are on there way out. The revolution has not only started, it's out side your door. Seek it and you will find it. Knock and it shall be opened.

Merry Christmas

2 comments:

Karen said...

thanks for your reminder that the kingdom is here. And we're part of the revolution. sometimes it sure doesn't feel like it....

pumakopp said...

Some of us grow up being taught that there is a greater being, wondering if it is what you truly believe or if it just something you are brainwashed into believing. As the aforementioned Wisconsin sister, having lost her beloved husband to cancer in August, I am happy. It is a real affirmation of my faith knowing that he has spent Christmas with HIM! Yes I am desperately lonely and missing my Erwin, but I know he is smiling at me and encouraging me to get on with my life.