Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bleed

I very happy with how the novel is coming together. A few days ago I didn't know where it starts. I had a bunch of chapters not necessarily in order an now their in order. I'm confidant I can get a rough draft done in three week/a month.

I've been telling myself for a while now all I needed was the time to write and I could finish it. I've been telling myself that for years and now it turns out that I have the time and I was telling myself the truth. If anything I was overestimating the time I would need. I don't think I've fully realized that I actually going to finish it. It's coming together remarkably well and if I write the kind of novel I;m trying to write it going to be really good, really something.

This is all astonishing to me. I've got a bunch of stories that only need tweaking. I've never felt this confidant about my writing before and I feel like I'm on the edge of something huge. I can't believe I've got all this time and I can't believe how productive I'm being. I can't believe I get to write. It is such a huge gift.

Maybe that's what I'm most excited about, that I think this is a God thing, that other people who know me and my writing affirm this is a God thing, that I am engaged in calling. This is also very humbling. If I'm doing what I'm doing because I'm called to do it, I have to take on the responsibilities that go with it. Fortunately those responsibilities are the same thin you have to take on to produce art.

This brings up what I thin is one of the most truthful answers to the question, "How do you write?" The answerer is by some famous writer that you would know if you are at all literary, except I can't remember who said it. The quote is, "It's easy to write. All you have to do is sit in front of your type writer and bleed."

No comments: