Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Orinigal Snot Nosed Kid

I have no idea what to write this morning, just pushing keys for now. Seeing what comes out if I just try and not stop the process of making words appear as if my magic on the screen in front of me , not stopping, keep pushing the keys , keep the pen on the page so to speak, since it would be difficult to do with my stroke spastic hand, It's a bitch that my stroke affected my right side, me being right handed an all, but what are you going to do, life happens, keeps rollling on, the clock doesn't stop.

That was rather intense, But now I have snot dripping from my nose so I have to get up to attend to that..

If that is too much information for you I advise you stop reading now because snot dripping from my nose is nothing knew. I was borne with a sever deviated septum. As I understand it, in a normal one the cartilage is bent over to one side, in mine the bone was bent. Anyway, I have often refereed to myself as "The original snot nosed kid." My nose has been running ever since I can remember. Not that it runs 24/7, but it runs a lot, especially in the winter, freezing on my lip on my way home from school. Ask my sister, Jo. Coming home from Saint John's she'd tell me to blow my nose and I'd blow It on her dress, sibling rivalry and all that, you know. When I got older and was in the Navy I got this head ache that lasted three years. Turns out the turns out the bent bone started pressing on the bone on the side of my nose and they hand to go in and break it. They gave me a couple of reds and stuffed my nose with gauze soaked in pharmaceutical coke and used a little stainless steel hammer and chisel.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Mike,

Been following your blog, strangely attracted to your writing.

You could sell the submarine shitter essay, I say its fantastic.

Wanted you to know you have at least one fan whose paying attention.

Chris Real Son NA April '09