Saturday, February 13, 2010

chapter names

Naming chapters has suggested an ark. These are the chapters in tentative order. Meeting Fleetwood, Last Night Of Liberty, In Transit, Going Under-First Pass, Flooding In The Snakepit,
Battle Stations Missile, How Danny Paridise Started Smoking, How Cosgrove Got His Nickname, Playing Poker, Gods And Bombs, The Hand That Feeds You, The hand Of God, Confession And Repentance.

There are other chapters in between these but that all I have named so far. It enough to t6ell me the story has taken a definite turn. It's going to be a good novel. Heck with it. It's going to be a great novel. There. I said it. I'm going to feel really stupid if it sucks. What's that phrase I used to hear a lot on the boat. There is no gravity. The world sucks. The navy was not my best time, hence, great material. That's the danger of knowing writers. Everything is material, grist for the mill as they say. I promise to let a significant amount of time pass, get your permission, or give you a really good disguise before I put you on the page, unless you piss me off.

Never piss off a writer, we are devious by nature, and patient, we can bide our time, plot our next. move. sneak up with a subtlety you won't see us coming. Not that I would do anything like that. I'm just saying.

No comments: