Sunday, February 7, 2010

What to write for money.

I've been looking over the Writer's Market on line, now that I'm desperate to make a living from behind my laptop since, having a stroke, that's the only place I'll be able to work from for the foreseeable future, and it seems to be I should go for primarily the non-fiction markets: I'm thinking personal essay or just essays. I'll send in short stories and I'll keep working on the novel, but I'm thinking I can crank out some essays. i can be funny and I definitely have a unique voice that I'm not afraid of sharing on the page.
So, how about I start out trying to write something topical every day. Maybe I can check out the news and look for things of interest to me and write about them. I'm pretty sure the hardest part will be picking the subject, I'll try that and see how it goes.

No comments: