Thursday, February 18, 2010

We'll see how this goes. The laptop I'm writing on like to encounter a problem every fifteen minutes or so and need to close Th her laptop, along with all the wok I've done is in the hands of Bill Schmidt, a computer wiz friend. The prognosis at the moment is unknown but favorable in the even if the other is trashed, my files are most likely recoverable. So I'm sitting on my hands here waiting for this computer to boot me off. I have been thus entertained for two days and in that time, this is the longest thing I've written, being unsure if when then computer tells me it's got to close, will I have enough time to save it.

I saved the above. I guess that's what I'll have to do; write a little and save. It could be worse. My hand could still be curled up into a useless ball. Things can always be worse. When I first went into the hospital things got progressively worse for three days. At my worst my right arm and right ankle would not work at all. I spent several days staring at my big toe willing it to move. I was very excited the first time it twitched. I. needed help to stand and got no support from my right leg. It was very disconcerting, I seemed to get better during the day, but the next morning I'd wake up worse than I started the day before It turn out nit took time for the stroke to manifest itself what with swelling in the brain and all that.

I'm doing remarkably well for the stroke I had. That's the semi-official language, and I am doing quite well. They expected me to go home in a wheel chair and I walked out with a cane. I get around the house mostly without it now. My leg is coming back very well. It fairly good for walking, not all that much support if I kneel on it. My arm and hand is giving me more problems. The two complications are I'm right handed, which is more of an irritant, and then other is a previous rotator cuff injury. With the stroke it caused it to freeze up a bit so there is a lot of pain when I try to move it beyond a certain point. I can lift my arm parallel to the ground, and then the pain kicks in. With help, some body else moving it,, it will go higher if it's moved very slow, it is not intolerable. This is too the side. I can crawl it up a wall straight in front of me.

So Monday I get a shot of cortisone in my shoulder. It's been painful mostly at night for over a year. The shot is supposed to take care of the pain and help with the inflammation causing it. Then we're hoping I get back the full rang of motion and I can start strengthening it. Right now In have very little strength in my right arm, and the former muscle of my bicep has slipped Dow to flop like jello.

No comments: